This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

6 days and counting

Sitting on the brink of departure has always been an unsettling time for me. On one hand, their is an adventure looming so large in my midst, while on the other hand life appears to proceed as usual.

The trip I am about to make may probably be the most foreign and exciting that I have ever made. I am flinging myself into South East Asia where I will begin a teacher training course to enable me to become an english teacher in Vietnam.

I will fly alone, leaving behind a city full of memories, friendships, family and opportunities and I will arrive alone with a horizon wide open for me to explore. Along the way I will be joined by various friends, including my sister who I have not seen for 9 months and my best friend who has always been an ideal travelling companion.

And besides those few yet crucial details, the future is a blank slate, an uncertain canvas that has not yet been touched by a stroke.

It's all happening so quickly yet each moment can still be appreciated. Before I know it, I will be in the air and the only question lingering in my mind will be, "How did that happen so fast?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home