This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Saturday, November 13, 2004

Student blogs...

Another sweaty teaching week bites the dust. I'm growing accustomed to the freakishly early mornings, the incessant questions and the fear of not being able to answer them. I've faced more challenges this week than I could ever have imagined. I've taught Compare/Contrast essay writing, Subordinator and Coordinator sentence connectors, the inner workings of the American Justice system. I've assigned homework, drawn up midterms, graded students on their speaking abilities... Last night at a bar I told my TEFL trainer that he hadn't prepared me at all for what I'm now encountering in the classroom. I was half serious, half not. Later in the evening I introduced him to my boss and he told her what I'd said. How embarassing for your boss to be told you have no idea what you're doing. But I'm enjoying teaching. My students are adorable.

Like the progressive, modern teacher I am, I now have my advanced students blogging. Click on their names to see what An, Ai, Trung and Oanh have to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home