This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Tokyo Disorienation

I've always been a master at sleeping on airplanes but I have now officially proven that theory wrong. The fourteen hour flight from New York City to Tokyo produced a movie marathon that I didnt know was humanly possible (6 movies, back to back) and some really good japanese food (western airlines HAVE to take a page out of All Nippon Airways' recipe book)

I'm now shaking my head up and down like a crazy woman, desperately seeking to stay awake for my next flight to Bangkok which will hopefully give me a few hours of sleep. My sister whom I am meeting in Thailand is feverishly ill with what might be Japanese b Encyphalitis... scary stuff. So it's unclear what'll be waiting for me in Bangkok, a hospital waiting room or a hostel.

SO goodbye New York. It's been a wonderful three years and I will miss the consistent excitement and bustle of the city. And now onto rice paddies, asian cities and a new way of life!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home