This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Saturday, March 04, 2006

A school project in Yogya

As we made our way to the Sultan's palace in Yogya, Mike and I were attacked every which way by crowds of high school students trying to complete a project. At first the assignment appeared to be to pose in a photo with a foreigner and bring it to school but as we smiled and posed for our sixth straight photo in a row, students became more daring and began asking us questions. Eventually we saw that they had a list of questions to ask their "foreigner friend." I imagined the forty other students we had posed for forging our signatures and giving us names, professions and reasons for visiting Yogya. I also wonder what their English teacher will say when every student arrives with photo's of Mike and I with hundreds of different profiles of who we are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home