This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Teacher Alison

Yesterday I stood up in front of 20 students and took a deep breath before plunging into my first solo teaching experience. After my trainer had given us emergency instructions about what to do when kids start throwing chairs around the room, I was overjoyed to find students who were not only compliant but also enthusiastic and fun! I spent the lesson modelling dialogue, getting students to practice their English and playing games that became energized and, at times, quite rowdy.

While elliciting answers onto to the blackboard to the question, "who are you going with?" one student stood up and whispered in her loudest classroom whisper, "I'm going with mmy Alison."

Teacher Alison...ha. Who would have known?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home