This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Motorbike maintenance

I was running late for school today and didn't have time to fully prepare myself before I left home. My trusty Xe Om driver pulled up to pick me up as I departed my alleyway, and wordlessly we zoomed off to American Pacific University. On the way to school I re-arranged my bag, untangled my headphones, chose songs from my iPod, ate breakfast and applied a few finishing touches to my make up. All this in the space of a twenty minute motorbike ride in the middle of insane early morning Saigon traffic! When I think that less than two months ago I was absolutely terrified by the idea of crossing a road and now I'm that girl thoughtlessly getting ready for work on the back of a bike, I'm astounded... How easily we do adjust!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home