This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Monday, June 27, 2005

I have left and am leaving

I write this from a Bangkok internet cafe, 4 days after leaving Vietnam for the first time in nine months. In leaving I have experienced (in no particular order):

attempted theft
excitement
tears
smiles
a deeper understanding of Vietnam and my connection to it
the darker side of nighttime Bangkok
the slick scene of nighttime Bangkok
police station corruption
crazy drivers
delicious food

...and everything in between.

As you read this I will most probably be on an airplane heading to New York City where I'll blog each event for you, one by one.

For those of you I've left behind, I love you and will see you soon.

For those of you I'm coming to see, I love you and will see you sooner.

Au revoir and Bon Voyage Alison!

1 Comments:

Blogger Nguyen Le Hieu said...

Hi Alison - I got DSL yesterday, and i am coming back with bloger :D nice to see that u are still having blog going on. everything is going fine, and if there is some pics, send us... :D u can see some of mine in http://uk.f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/lehieung
see ya then

4:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home