This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Procrastinate

I'm supposed to be submitting an article to TEFL magazine tomorrow and have not started writing it yet. This behavior reminds me of my college days when papers started to get written the night before while a panicked "I can't do this....!!" came gargling out my mouth. But the papers were always written and I always made the deadline.

The situation right now is looking a little different. Any of you who may check my blog occasionally in hope that I have updated will know that I am currently stricken by a writers' block and am finding it difficult to get thoughts onto paper. This makes writing a 1500 word article fairly difficult.

I guess my major hindrance in writing the article is that I lack confidence in what I have to say. The story is about my experience here as a teacher in Vietnam and right now all I can think about is "what the hell do I know? I'm still bumbling around in the dark out here." Teaching has come naturally to me but it's a constant challenge to complete the days and impart knowledge onto my students in a way that satisfies my innate desire to succeed. So now, as procrastination in the multimedia lab of my school, I am going to do some of the free writing that I press onto my students on a regular basis and see what comes out.

-----------

More to come later...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear from you back :)

12:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home