This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

NYC in July

Today I booked my flight back to New York. I plan on going back in June to a city that I will have been gone from for ten months. It's strange that a place can be your home for so long, can be so clear and real to you that nowhere else seems to exist and then one day you pick up and leave. And then a new place becomes your home and you adjust to your surroundings and the same feelings develop in relation to your new place. Routine, enjoyment, security.

But I can feel that it's time to visit New York and see my family and friends again. I've missed the energy and excitement that pulse through New York. I've missed conversing in English and really hammering at current events in the world. I've missed new music and movies and a public forum where art comes to life and is unavoidable to anyone on the street.

I'm excited to visit all of these activities and feelings and luxuries. And I'm excited to make peace with the call of NYC from so many miles away and to really understand where home is.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home