This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Not dreaming of a white christmas

It's cold in Ho Chi Minh City. It's more bitter than any weather I've experienced in months. Of course, bitter is a relative term when you're living in a city with only one season being THE HOT ONE! But I've experienced at least four shivers over the last two days and I thereby declare it freezing. One week ago I stopped using the air conditioner and on Monday evening we had to put on sweaters and shawls
while on the roof. Last night I was rubbing my arms to keep warm. I'm hardly complaining, as it is definitely a welcome change to the normal sweltering heat that causes torrents of sweat to cascade down one's body. But then I hear stories about 9 degree days from family and friends in New York, and imagine Mike adjusting to the bone chill of Ohio and I am grateful for the lingering heat that prevents us from
even imagining a coat or a sweater. So, while my Christmas won't be a white one, it will be a few degrees below boiling. And for that I'm grateful.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home