This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Sunday, December 12, 2004

Shoe thief

Our house has a small courtyard separating our gate from our front door. Because the saigon streets are covered in filth that I don't necessarily want in my house, we have been exercising a "no shoe policy" in our home which meant that we were leaving our shoes outside. One day I came home from work only to find that my shoes had been stolen! CArrie was sympathetic yet apathetic regarding the event until she found out that her shoes had been nicked as well! The two of us stormed through our neighborhood glaring at everyone's feet and doorways, lividly attempting to locate the thieves. But to no avail. Our shoes are either well hidden or so far down the black market that there's no point in even looking.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home