This space will be used to document and record my adventures in Vietnam and throughout South East Asia over the course of the next year.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Stress central

It's finals week again and this one has been a lot more stressful. Not only has my number of students doubled, but four of their grades determined whether they would be considered proficient enough to be eligible for graduation. I rushed to school this morning at 6am with eighteen exams to grade including argumentative essays, reading exams and writing exams. I was shocked and upset to find that three out of five of my advanced students failed, although the majority of my intermediates passed with flying colors.

I finished grading my advanced students a few minutes before class and found myself in tears about their grades. (Yes, I know, I am way too personally invested in my students...) I walked in, handed the exams back and we all had a good cry together. Luckily their grades didn't effect them too much and they managed to pass the level. Congratulations Oanh, Anne, Ai and Trung!

The week is almost over and with it, the stress and sleepless nights I have devoted to the students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home